FAQs for Members and Associates

Membership Information

Is this insurance? 

No. This is a motor club membership which provides assistance in case of emergency or accident, offers a network of lawyers who will defend you in court and brokers discounts on health, travel and more. This is not an insurance contract nor an automobile liability or physical damage policy and does not comply with any financial responsibility law. 

It looks like you offer all the same services as the other guys. What makes you different from them? 

•  We offer unlimited tows to the nearest service facility and our Total Security membership provides towing up to 100 miles to the destination of your choice, plus the tow trucks usually arrive quicker. 

•   We defend your traffic tickets in court, as well as additional legal defense. 

•   If you’re arrested as the result of an accident (not DUI or hit and run), we’ll pay up to 10% of a bail bond. •   If you’re hospitalized after a covered accident, you’re stay is covered at $150/day for up to a full year. 

•   If the worst happens in a covered accident, your family is protected by a $10,000 death benefit, and in some cases up to $50,000. 

What is the process of using the roadside assistance? 

Your MCA benefit package will cover you when in need. You will receive membership information and a member ID card in the mail via US Postal Service within 10 business days. If you ever need assistance, just call the telephone number located on the back of your membership card. If you need emergency roadside assistance before your membership card arrives at your home, don't worry. We can still assist you with your member ID number provided to you as soon as you join, however, service for events which occurred prior to your membership being processed are not covered. 

Does my membership cover multiple vehicles? 

Yes it does, as long as the cardholder is present with his registered vehicle or was the driver at the time of disablement. We dispatch the best professional roadside service available to ensure quick service and to give you peace of mind. 

How do I sign up? 

Your Independent Sales Associate can send a signup link to you or you can sign up here. You select the product you want, fill out the application and pay for your membership. That’s it! 

When will I receive my membership card? 

You will receive an email and/or text link, which will describe your membership benefits within hours of purchasing your membership. A membership card will be sent via parcel post. You should receive your card within 7-10 days after you sign up. 

When am I eligible for emergency road service and other MCA services? 

Your membership is active as soon as your application has been processed. However, pre-existing road service issues are not covered by your membership. 

How do I know when a tow truck is coming? 

The MCA team will be in contact with you through the entire process. Just describe your situation and your location, and we’ll be there to help.

Why do towing companies respond to your calls quicker than your competition? 

We pay towing companies fairly for the work they do rather than bullying them into unfair prices, so when MCA calls for service, our calls are often pushed to the top of the dispatch list. 

Can I get roadside assistance for my recreational vehicles? 

With Total Security, we cover your RV, boat trailers, motorcycles, livestock trailers and dually pick up trucks for up to $100 in services. 

Are your lawyers any good? 

We’ll let their 92% success rate of getting violations reduced or dismissed speak for itself! 

I’m in Canada. Can I sign up? Do you offer services in Canada? 

Yes. Please contact Customer Support at 866.467.2221 for any restrictions or exclusions. 

Can I be an Associate if I live in Puerto Rico?

Unfortunately no. MCA’s Associate opportunity is only offered in the U.S., excluding territories or possessions, and Canada. 

Can I get customer service in Spanish? 

Yes! We offer agents who speak English, Spanish, French, Hindi, Russian, Punjabi, Cantonese and more. 

Can I cancel my membership at any time? 

Yes, you are not locked into a contract. You may cancel at any time, simply by calling the corporate office at 1-866-467-2221.

Associate Information

How do I become an “Active Associate”?

There are four ways you can be qualified as an active Associate:

  1. You are a new Associate in your first three months with the company.
  2. You made a sale paid with a credit card or bank draft in the previous month.
  3. You sponsored a new Associate in the previous month.
  4. You sold a membership in the previous three months and have an active personal membership with an ongoing payment method.

Do I have to purchase a membership to become an Associate? 

No. However, when Associates believe in the product they are selling, more customers will be willing to purchase.

What do I need to do before I receive a commission?

Each Associate must establish a bank account to receive payment through direct deposit (or, in Canada, set up a PayPal account). Payment will go to that account; no checks will be issued.

When do I get paid?

The sales week runs Sunday through Saturday. Commissions are paid weekly through direct deposit on the Friday following the end of the sales week. Reward commissions are paid monthly. Associates are eligible for advance commissions when the membership is sold to a new member who pays using a credit card or electronic fund transfer from a personal bank account.

What does a sale status of “on hold” mean?

We use fraud control software that flags some sales for review. We do not process those sales until we contact and welcome the members and confirm their membership information.

I made a sale last week but the commission on the sale is showing $9.24 instead of $80.00. Why?

The $80.00 advance commission is paid on sales made with an ongoing payment method (where MCA expects to be able to draft that payment method for future payments.) This includes American Express, Visa, Mastercard and Discover credit cards, as well as electronic fund transfers from the customer's established personal checking account.

You will be paid as-earned commission on sales with all other forms of payment method, such as but not limited to, prepaid credit cards, gift cards, one-time pay cards, newly established online banking accounts, offshore accounts, etc. Any individual who gives away membership or charges multiple memberships to the same credit card or bank account will be paid as-earned. Group sales are paid as-earned.

What are chargebacks?

When a member cancels their membership and an advance commission was paid on the original sale, a commission chargeback may apply.

  • The amount of the chargeback is the advance commission minus the earned commission on that membership. If the resulting amount is greater than zero then a chargeback is triggered.
  • The chargeback is deducted from commissions for the sales week, but the total deduction cannot exceed 50% of that week’s commissions.
  • Full membership refunds are classified as a “no sale” and the entire commission is deducted from that week’s commission payment.

Can I change my sponsor?

As a general rule, we do not allow active Associates to change sponsors. However, Associates may switch sponsors if:

  • The sponsor has been inactive for 90 days.
  • The sponsor has acted unethically. (To have case reviewed, send us evidence supporting the complaint.)

Contact Us

Traveling Security

Shalonda Kennedy

Independent Sales Associate

ID# 16667637

MCA Reliable Travel Benefits